Do you ever wonder why your podcast’s audience is not growing?
Your audience hasn’t increased despite all the time and work you’ve put into recording, producing, and promoting your podcast episodes. You may question whether this podcast is still worth your time.
If you’re stuck with these questions this podcast episode is for you.
Tips To Grow Your Audience
“It was a slow start and it took quite a while before it really started to grow an audience.” – Anne Claessen about Digital Nomad Stories
Growing your audience doesn’t happen overnight or in just a blink of an eye. Podcasting is not an event, it is a process. You have to find your rhythm and pace in producing a podcast, one thing Becky Feigin shared in last week’s interview episode.
Even for veteran podcasters, growing their audience is a big challenge. You are not alone, everyone who started podcasting experiences this problem, and the next thing you have to do is to find a strategy to fix it. So how can we solve this? Here are tips that you can apply to grow your audience today.
- The first thing to do when your podcast audience is not growing at the rate that you expected to succeed is to keep going.
- Find a way to get into that rhythm of producing content.
- Before drawing any conclusions, you need at least three to six months of data to make a decision to make changes to your content or promotion strategy.
- Come up with a strategy, and follow it for 6-12 months. If it’s not working, try to think of a small tweak to experiment with.
- Look at your stats and listen to this episode to learn what you’re looking for: How To Evaluate Your Podcast Stats – What’s Good?
What Not To Do
I know you want to grow your audience eagerly. Believe me, all podcasters do. Before you do anything else, get to the root problem of why your podcast is not growing. Is it your format? Is it your content? Is it your audio quality? Think about what might be the reason that it is not growing.
Change is constant, but if the reason for these changes is that your audience isn’t expanding, then revamping your podcast over and over again can set you back. People are learning about your brand and all of a sudden everything changes, that’s not something you want to do too often.
Don’t stop podcasting because you are stagnant. Motivate yourself and come up with a strategy. Change is inevitable, so don’t be afraid to make changes to hype your interest and just keep going.
Take the quiz at thepodcastbabes.com/quiz to find out which podcast monetization strategy is right for you!